Greg is Co-Founder and CEO of LeaderShape Global Ltd.
“My purpose is: Show leaders how they can embrace the disruptors of the 21st century and make a material difference in their organisations.”
Greg is an international thought leader, speaker and practitioner in leadership development with a particular interest in gender balanced leadership in organisations.
Accreditations and Expertise
With many years’ experience of coaching and running development programmes at Chief Executive and Board level, Greg studied at the Oxford School of Coaching and Mentoring. He is a member of the International Coaching Federation (ICF) and past committee member of the European Mentoring and Coaching Council (EMCC). Greg is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts (FRSA).
With a broad functional background in business in the healthcare and telecommunications sectors before co-founding and becoming CEO of LeaderShape Global, Greg has worked with many organisations at the most senior levels to affect top down organisational transformation. As a leadership development professional and coach, themes include adapting to disruptive technologies, changing environments, cultures and business remodelling. Sectors where he has established considerable experience include:
- Health, in teaching and general hospitals including Oxford University Hospitals NHS Trust and Bristol University Hospitals NHS Trust, District General Hospitals and learning disability trusts, Clinical Commissioning Groups and the British National Formulary
- Pharma companies, transitioning through M&A activities
- Oil and Gas corporates adapting to changes and challenges affecting the energy sector
- Public Sector and associated bodies seeking to improve productivity and accountability
- Large national and international charities responding to increased pressures on fundraising and good governance
- Consultancy, design and implementation of national senior executive Leadership Development programs for the Healthcare Leadership Academy within the Ministry of Health. Part of the ambitious Vision 2030 transformation program across Saudi Arabia.
Additionally, Greg takes a strong interest in the development of women leaders and the establishment of gender balanced Boards and Executive teams. He is a former Co-President for Balanced Leadership on the Board of the Professional Women’s Network (PWN) for London, a voluntary role.
Greg is an established international speaker on leadership and gender balance in business. He has sat on panels at business schools such as INSEAD and other organisations to promote gender balanced leadership.
- Contributor to “The Invisible Elephant & the Pyramid Treasure: Tomorrow’s Leadership – the Transpersonal Journey” (2011)
- Contributor to “Leadership Assessment for Talent Development” (Kogan-Page, 2013)
- “Women, Naturally Better Leaders for the 21st Century” – a white paper (Routledge 2016)
- Co-author of “Leading Beyond the Ego – How to become a Transpersonal Leader” (Routledge 2018).
- Co-author, “Developing 21st century leaders, a complete new process” (Journal of Work-Applied Management 2019
Graduating with an honours degree in Biochemistry in 1983, Greg spent 15 years working in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology sectors including GSK, Schering AG and Schering-Plough (now merged with Merck & Co), initially within a clinical research environment, and then various national and international commercial roles. Greg’s roles, primarily involved building and leading teams to bring new products to market and achieve results.
In 1999 Greg made the jump from healthcare to telecommunications to take up a board position with a company undertaking a major change programme repositioning itself to accommodate the convergence of voice and data. This was initially as Marketing Director and then soon after as Managing Director, successfully taking the company through a period of dramatic growth and technological change.
In 2004, as CEO, Greg co-founded LeaderShape, now LeaderShape Global along with John Knights. Building a company that is now recognised as a thought leader in Leadership Development with affiliations and partnerships across the globe.