Skilled coaching or mentoring should be an integral part of any management development strategy. The development of an internal cadre of coach/mentors can produce and sustain significant long-term benefits. LeaderShape has developed a proven and successful model for training internal Coach/Mentors for organisations.
Starting with an initial two-day programme, coach/mentors are developed individually and as a cohort. Their development continues over a course of 6 months to one year, dependent upon the nature and scope of the client's requirements. This continuing development is provided by one-to-one coaching and skills workshops delivered by an experienced external coach-tutor who will act in a supervisory role during and following the training programme.
A typical programme would include:
- Introduction to the concept of coach/mentoring
- Self-awareness - the key to unlocking successful coach/mentoring
- Mentoring and coaching skills – including questioning and feedback technique
- Introduction to the coaching model
- Coaching practice
- Reflection Techniques
- One to one verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Listening Skills
- Additional Coaching Tools to take the skills to the next level.
LeaderShape can support your staff to submit their reflective learning as postgraduate level Accredited Prior Experiential Learning for University Credits with the University of Chester. The work-based and blended learning approach we offer provide immediate practice-based benefits and long term value to your organisation.